The project is planned in full accordance with the Call’s Specific Objective 2.1 «Preserve cultural and natural resources as a prerequisite for tourism development of the cross border area».
The overall objective of the project is to protect, preserve and develop the cultural heritage of the CB area emphasizing on Finiq and Dodoni, promoting sustainable tourism and boosting economic growth.
In particular the project aims to:
- Preserve the local cultural heritage
- Utilise innovative technologies to promote culture
- Encourage stakeholders of tourism to invest in the region
- Promote cultural and natural resources as an integrated tourist destination
- Increase the number of visitors and the average days spent in the cross-border area
According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, there is a strong link between tourism & culture, which with proper actions can drive a destination’s attractiveness and competitiveness.
The necessity to protect and preserve culture in the CB area, is not only the means but more of a condition to create local distinctiveness in the face of globalization.
This page has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the webpage are the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Dodoni and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union, the participating countries and the Managing Authority.